Debussy – Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun
MacDowell – Piano Concerto No. 2
C.F. Kip Winger – Conversations with Nijinsky
Stravinsky – The Firebird Suite (1919 version)
Nashville Symphony | Giancarlo Guerrero, conductor | André Watts, piano
- Inspired by a Russian folktale, The Firebird was Russian composer Stravinsky's breakthrough piece. Originally a ballet commissioned by the Ballets Russes in 1910, the work catapulted him to stardom.
- A Nashville Symphony fan-favorite and one of classical music’s biggest stars, André Watts returns to perform MacDowell’s Piano Concerto No. 2.
- Nashville’s own Kip Winger is a member of the rock band Winger — and an accomplished classical musician and composer. His GRAMMY-nominated Conversations with Nijinsky reached the top of the Billboard Classical charts.
- Winger’s piece ties in thematically with this program: the Nijinsky referenced in the title collaborated with both Stravinsky and Debussy, choreographing the latter's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun.
To help ensure the safety and security of our patrons, all tickets will now be scanned at the main entrance doors. All patrons must present a ticket before entering the building.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Arrive early – building doors will open 90 minutes prior to show time.
- Have tickets ready when lining up at any of our entrances.
- If you selected print-at-home tickets, print and bring your tickets with you.
- If you have selected e-tickets on the Nashville Symphony's mobile app, please present upon entry. Be sure that your screen brightness is at 100% to ensure that the tickets are scanned properly.
- Anyone without a ticket should proceed to the Box Office upon arrival. The Box Office is located on 4th Avenue South adjacent to the valet lane on Symphony Place.
- Questions? Email the box office or call 615.687.6400.