Education & Community
Training Young Musicians for the Future
About the Program
The Accelerando Program is designed for serious music students who have a high musical aptitude and the motivation to pursue a professional music career on a standard orchestral instrument.
Students in grades 4-9 may audition in spring 2018
(applications for 2017 are now closed)
- When fully implemented, program will serve students in grades 5-12
- Participants receive year-round instruction from a Nashville Symphony musician or highly qualified local instructor
- Students and families receive complimentary tickets for Nashville Symphony Classical Series concerts
- Solo recital and chamber performance opportunities
- Students are required to participate in school band or orchestra and/or local youth orchestras
- Technical and performance juries each year
- Summer activities including workshops, camps, lessons and/or classes
- Supplementary music instruction at Vanderbilt University's Blair School of Music in music theory and music history
- College and career counseling provided to students and families
- Financial and logistical assistance applying for music school (transportation and room costs, scheduling, etc.)
Eligible instruments include:
This program is open only to orchestral instrumentalists. Applications for piano, saxophone, guitar and vocals will not be accepted.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
The application deadline has passed. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Funding Provided By
Official Education Partner
|For more information, please contact the Nashville Symphony’s Education & Community Engagement Department at email@example.com or 615.687.6587.|