Call for Student Compositions
- Submissions should be from students in grades 5-12.
- Deadline to submit your melody is Friday, October 29th at 5:00pm.
- Melodies should be 8 to 16 measures in length.
- Melodies should stay within one octave above middle C (C4 to C5).
- The meter or time signature should be 4/4 or common time.
- The melody should be singable and not use rhythms shorter than an eighth note.
Writing Your Melody
- Student melodies may be hand-written on staff paper or composed using software like NoteFlight, Smart Music, Finale, etc.
- Remember to keep things simple! Sometimes the most memorable melodies are also the simplest melodies.
- Silence is also music! Don't forget about the corresponding rests to each rhythmic value.
- The title says a lot! Remember to give your melody a title. This will give us a lot of information when orchestrating the melody.
How to submit your melody
- Submissions are now closed.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.