Giancarlo Guerrero, conductor
Yefim Bronfman, piano
Wagner – Overture and Venusburg music from Tannhäuser
Tobias Picker – Opera Without Words Live
Beethoven – Piano Concerto No. 3
- Internationally recognized as one of today’s most acclaimed and admired
pianists, GRAMMY winner Yefim
Bronfman has performed around the world with all the major orchestras. He’ll
return to Nashville to perform Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 3.
- Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 3 shows the influence of Mozart while
also revealing Beethoven’s truly unique and original voice as a composer
- History in the Making – The
Nashville Symphony will record Tobias
Picker’s Opera Without Words for future release. Picker has been
called “a genuine creator” by The New Yorker, and BBC Music
Magazine hailed his “distinctively soulful style.”
- Opera Without Words is just that — Picker structured this piece
like an opera, but didn’t write any text, so that the musicians are the storytellers
in this wonderfully dramatic piece.
Tobias Picker’s Opera Without Words was co-commissioned
by the National Symphony Orchestra, through a grant from the John and June Hechinger
Commissioning Fund for New Orchestral Works, and by the Nashville Symphony.
Important Venue Updates:
- Our café is now closed for renovations – click
here for a list of nearby dining options.
- Tickets are now scanned at outer doors of the Schermerhorn, which opens 90
minutes prior to performance – click here for
helpful info about building entry.